Super Moist Banana Pecan Cake
Yummy moist banana pecan cake.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 0.5 (3 7/8 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease 2 round cake pans or one large cake pan.
- Mash bananas and mix all ingredients except pecansin a large bowl.
- Use a hand mixer and beat ingredients for about 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into baking pans (split evenly) or into large baking pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until tester comes out somewhat dry.
- I recommend frosting this with a nice cream cheese frosting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We liked the taste of this, but it was a little "too wet." I cooked it the right amount of time, the top was a little cracked, and the test stick did come out :somewhat dry" but it was the bottom after I cut is that seemed to be the issue. Probably the wetness of the banana. If I decide to make this again, I will try cooking it longer and see what happens. Overall, we liked it the taste, and perhaps in the next couple of days, it will dry and as it gets a little bit "stale." I do have to mention two things to note in the recipe that need to be fixed: the ingredients have the water listed twice and for two different amounts. Because I always assume that the ingredients are in the "order" of the directions. That was 3/4 cup. The next time it appeared, it was for only 1/2 cup and I did not add it again, of course. Perhaps the 3/4 vs. the 1/2 made a difference in the "wetness" problem. One of those water ingredients needs to be removed from the list. The other problem is that it does not mention when to add the pecans. I figured, that like all other recipes that call for nuts, they are added at the very end. I did that, but the directions should include all of the ingredients. I did not include those things in my rating. Thanks for posting.Reply