Banana Pecan Bread by Tyler Florence
photo by jlwilsonjr
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture and set aside.
- With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together for 3 minutes to make a light and fluffy banana cream.
- Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated - no need to overly blend.
- Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Give the pan a good rap on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Rotate the pan periodically to ensure even browning.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.