Sweet, moist, delicious! Perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee or hot tea!
Make and share this Moist Banana Nut Bread With Orange Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- 22.18 ml ground flax seeds (optional)
- 59.14 ml butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml orange zest
- 29.58 ml orange juice (or juice from 1/2 of a medium orange)
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and flax seeds.
- In another bowl, mix the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy. Add the orange zest and juice and stir lightly.
- Slowly fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined, then add the nuts and banana, mixing until just combined. Try not to over mix.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted into middle of loaf comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to rack. Cool completely before glazing.
- FOR THE GLAZE: Combine the confectioner's sugar and orange and/or lemon juice. Stir until smooth. Pour over cooled bread.