Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Worth trying to experiment with using coconut oil instead of butter in baking...
- 1⁄2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup yogurt cheese or 1 cup organic cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (or butter and flour it).
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil on medium speed until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the cheese and continue beating on medium for about another 3 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and beat at medium speed until fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add the egg and bananas and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on medium speed for around 3 minutes until combined
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes. The bread should be golden brown.
- A knife or toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean when the bread is done.