Coconut Oil Hand Cream
- Ready In:
3 1/2 ounces
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cold pressed sweet almond oil (I used Aura Cacia brand) or 1 1/2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated beeswax (less for softer cream, more for firmer cream)
- 5 drops lemon essential oils (or other essential oil of your choosing)
- 5 drops lavender oil (")
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and bring to the boil. In the top, combine the coconut oil, almond oil and beeswax. Allow to melt and stir to combine.
- Remove pot from the burner and stir in the essential oils.
- Pour into a heat proof container and allow to cool completely before closing.
- My notes: Once the mixture cooled, I placed the container of hand cream in the fridge to become firmer. *Please* note the hand cream will melt if exposed to heat. I put a small amount in a sample container, placed it in my purse and an hour later the cream was liquified. It solidified again at room temperature. Why did this surprise me? ;).
- Makes approximately 3 1/2 ounces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!