Recipe by Juenessa
One Christmas, several years ago, I was looking for a good banana bread to give as gifts to my friends. I tried several recipes and this was the one I liked the best. I use a Pampered Chef pan that has four mini-loaves on it and cook in my oven for about 50-55 minutes. Start checking the bread at about 50 minutes. Sometimes I also sub 1/2 to 3/4 wheat flour in place of using all white flour. It's a great bread!
Top Review by CookVal34
I had never made banana bread before tonight. I was looking for a recipe to make for my boyfriend and his mother and I decided on this one. They both LOVED it! For never making any type of banana bread before I think that was great. It was very very good. I was a bit worried because after cooking it for 1 hour the middle was still very doughy but at exactly 1 hour and 20 minutes it was perfectly done. Put a little butter on the middle and it's perfect. Great recipe!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2-2 1/2 medium bananas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray one 9 X 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to banana mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.