Caribbean Banana Bread
Found this on-line at recipeisland.com/caribbean recipes and am posting it for ZWT. It sounds delicious and more like a dessert. I am not a fan of coconut, so would leave that out!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese, softened (tub type)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana, mashed (ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (or 1/4 teaspoon rum extract)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dark rum (or 1/8 teaspoon rum extract)
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an.
- 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and.
- set aside. Beat 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- and cheese at medium speed of a mixer, add.
- 1 cup sugar, beating well, add egg and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda with salt in a separate bowl, stir well. In a separate bowl, combine the banana, milk, vanilla and 2 tbls rum.
- Next add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- alternating with the banana mixture, mix.
- after each addition. Next stir in 1/4 cup.
- pecans and 1/4 cup of coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake at 375.
- degrees F. for 60 minutes. Let cool in pan.
- for 10 minutes, remove from the pan Let it.
- cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Combine brown sugar along with 2 teaspoons.
- each margarine with the lime juice and rum.
- right into the sauce pan and bring it to a.
- Cook for 1 minute, stir constantly. Remove.
- from heat and stir in 2 tablespoon of each.
- pecans and the coconut spoon over the loaf.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 9 more