Recipe by cjbamboo
This is a slightly modified version of Snickerdoodle Scones (Recipe 124807) with some low fat ingredients (but still with butter to keep the tenderness) and Splenda. These are very yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1⁄3 cup non-fat soymilk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sour cream and baking soda in small bowl and set aside.
- Mix flour, Splenda, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl.
- Be sure butter is frozen solid and grate it into flour mixture; stir to have mixture resembling fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix egg white, soy milk, and sour cream mixture. Add cinnamon and combine well.
- Gently stir into flour until moistened.
- Drop blobs of dough onto cookie sheet and sprinkle with additional Splenda-cinnamon mix, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.