1/2 Photos of Modeling Chocolate
I got this from a Chocolate cooking class I took. I think the instructor got it from The Joy of Baking. This is fun to play with, kind of like edible play doh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Dark Chocolate Modeling Paste
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Modeling Paste
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (200 grams)
- 3 1/2-4 tablespoons light corn syrup
White Chocolate Modeling Paste
Milk Chocolate Modeling Paste
- 7 ounces milk chocolate (200 grams)
- 2 1/2-3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1Note: To prevent the corn syrup from sticking to the measuring cup or spoons, spray with Pam or grease with vegetable oil before measuring.
- 2Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir the chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir until smooth and cooled a bit.
- 3Stir in the corn syrup. The chocolate will stiffen almost immediately. Stir until completely combined. Transfer the chocolate to a sturdy plastic freezer bag and refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours).
- 4When the dough is firm, remove from the refrigerator, and knead it until it is soft enough to work with. If it is too hard, cut off small pieces and knead until pliable. Grease the counter where you are working with oil or spray with Pam so the chocolate won't stick.
- 5At this point you can make the chocolate into whatever shape you want. Some ideas: It can be formed into a long rope or braid and wrapped around the base of a cake. It can also be placed around the outside top edge of the cake.
- 6This dough can also be used to make ribbons to cover a cake. To do this pat your dough into a disk shape and roll dough out to desired thickness using a rolling pin or else use a manual pasta machine. This dough can also be used to make flowers, leaves or any other decorations.
- 7Well wrapped it will keep for months. If it gets hard to work with, knead in a little more corn syrup until it is pliable again.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Modeling Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (1048 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12594.2
- Calories from Fat 7969
- Total Fat 885.4 g
- Saturated Fat 548.3 g
- Cholesterol 312.1 mg
- Sodium 1479.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1277.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 190.3 g
- Sugars 797.8 g
- Protein 218.1 g