Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is for green tomatoes.Kids love the grape. Adults love the lemon to spread on crackers, chicken and fish or waffles and pancakes. Quick and very easy. Makes 10 half pints.
- 5 cups ground green tomatoes
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 (6 ounce) packages grape Jell-O or 1 (6 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks and grind in a blender to make 5 cups.
- Put the tomatoes and sugar in large pot and bring to a boil and stir for 25 minutes. Do not burn.
- Add jello and mix well. Boil 1 minute.
- Take off heat.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars. Seal and Band.
- Place on a towelled counter.
- Note: I am at high altitude and place the jars in hot water bath for 10 minutes to assure the sealing process.
- Note: You may add bits of fresh lemon rind if you wish. Pretty in the jars.