Cranberry Pear and Lemon Jam
photo by Lisa Clarice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
8 oz. jars
- 6 cups fresh cranberries (24 oz)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 cups bartlett pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons pectin
- Core, peel, and chop pears into medium size pieces.
- Heat the cranberries, pears and pomegranate juice in a large pot over medium/high heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. The cranberries will begin to pop and mixture will begin to get thick.
- Puree mixture right in pot with electric soup mixer or remove mixture from pot and blend in blender. Since this is a jam it shouldn't be too chunky. I like my jams smooth.
- Combine sugar and pectin in a bowl. Add sugar/pectin mixture to the pot and then add the lemon juice and rind.
- Simmer another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into clean jars and wipe the rims clean. Attached the lids and submerge in a hot water bath (200 degrees or boiling) for ten minutes. Once removed from water lids will pop and that is how you know they are sealed.
- Let cool on kitchen counter. Makes just about 7 half pint 8 oz. jars.
- Follow recipe instructions and Instead of pomegranate juice, add 1 cup orange juice and instead of lemon juice and rind, add 2 tablespoons of orange rind. This is good with a dash of cinnamon too! A dash is about 1/2 teaspoon or a little more.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Santa Cruz, California and I really love to bake. Over the last few years, I've focused my cooking and baking on using organic ingredients, less sugar, and whole wheat grains. What a fun transformation! I am also having a lot of fun turning my recipes into true "vegan" options, which often means healthier baking and cooking! I am not vegan, but I love offering the option. Give my recipes a try and let me know what you think. Thanks!