Cranberry, Pear and Ginger Chutney
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Wonderful fall flavors combine to make a great condiment for the holidays. Pass the turkey or pork tenderloin.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- red pepper flakes
- ground cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 bosc pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- In a heavy saucepan bring vinegar, onions, gingers, zests, spices to a boil.
- Cook until reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low until flavors blend, 30 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick, mash with potato masher if desired.
- Serve at room temperature May be prepared 3 days ahead.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delish! Increased the pears to use up what i had on hand & a whole onion. Made use of the last of the garden peppers (a long cayenne, 2 Kung Paos & a seeded red Habanero). Delicious recipe! Did borrow from another recipe & used 1/2 t of cloves, coriander, ginger & dry mustard. Canned up 8 - 1/2 pint jars. Processed 15 minutes in boiling hot water bath. Thank you for a kepper recipe Chia!Reply