Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another delicious salad recipe from redwoodhillfarm.com. The original recipe specified the farm's own brand of lime-infused olive oil so I had to go find a suitable lime vinaigrette instead.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens or 6 cups romaine lettuce, shredded, your choice
- 3⁄4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh jicama, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh carrot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, cut into crescents
- 2 -3 tablespoons of fresh mint or 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash garlic powder (salt-free)
- 1 pinch salt
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a small glass bowl and set aside.
- Wash the greens well to remove any dirt and spin dry in salad spinner. Place the greens on a large serving platter.
- Layer the feta, jicama, carrots and red onion crescents on top of the greens in rows.
- Drizzle mixture with the lime vinaigrette* and sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper. Garnish with mint leaves or cilantro.
- *Note: Pour the vinaigrette over the salad just before ready to serve! Whisk vinaigrette thoroughly before serving.