Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
163 Best Paleo Slow Cooker Serves 8
Make and share this Mixed Vegetable Coconut Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups carrots, cubed
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (28 ounce) candied tomatoes with juice
- 4 cups winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and minced
- In skillet, sauté carrots, onion and celery and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes with juice and bring to a boil. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in squash. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add coconut milk, bell pepper and chile pepper and stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes, until peppers are tender.