Recipe by Grannydragon
Certainly not a boring salad, as you can tell when you look over the list of ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, plus extra for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
For the Salad
- 6 cups mixed greens, well washed and spun dry
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped roasted pistachios
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the blackberries and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the vinegars and cook until reduced by half, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a blender. Add the sugar, mint and tarragon, and process to a smooth paste Add salt and pepper. With the machine running, add the light olive oil through the feed tube and process until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl and refrigerate until completely cool, about 1 hour.
- To Make the Salad:.
- In a large bowl, combine the greens with pistachios and toss with the vinaigrette until lightly coated.
- Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To Plate:.
- Divide the tossed greens among 4 plates and top with the feta cheese. Arrange the avocado slices decoratively around the edges and serve. Garnish with extra blackberries.