Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an adaptation of a recipe that I saw on T.V. It has plenty of healthy vegetables and olive oil. You can adjust the amount of each ingredient to fit the dish you will be baking it in. My family really enjoys this side dish and it is very easy to make.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes or 2 yams
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut the potato, sweet potato, zucchini and yellow pepper into 1 inch cubes. Thinly slice the onion and tomato. Coat the bottom of a baking dish with a thin layer of olive oil. Layer some onions on the bottom, then add half of the potatoes, sweet potatoes, yellow pepper and zucchini. Drizzle some olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. Add the other half of the cubed vegetables, onion and add more olive oil, salt and pepper. Top with the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle the cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for an hour at 400 degrees.
Excellent! Prepared just as written. Didn't need and additions or changes. Will keep this recipe handy, as it will be made again! Thnx for posting, Brian. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.