Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe is from Paula Deen. This salad is can also be served with Spiced Croutons and the recipe is included.
Top Review by loof
Great salad! Fresh and tasty and loved the croutons. I halved the recipe, otherwise made just as directed and wouldn't change a thing. I had way more dressing than was needed but that's okay 'cause I can use it for lunch tomorrow! Thanks for posting your recipe!
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Parmesan Pepper Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (14 ounce loaf)
Directions See How It's Made
- For dressing, in medium bowl, whisk together cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and pepper.
- Cover, and chill.
- For croutons, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, butter, garlic salt, thyme, basil and pepper.
- Place bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with oil mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Note: leftover croutons can be frozen in a zip-top bag for another meal.
- For salad, in large bowl, combine salad greens, mushrooms, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with half of dressing, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve salad with remaining dressing and top with spiced croutons just before serving.