Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is a wonderful sauce to serve over cheesecake, pound cake or even vanilla ice cream. If you don't like mixed berries you can use the individual berries of your choice. If prefer a more tart sauce reduce sugar to 1/2 cup.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries & red raspberries, not frozen with sugar)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan combine water, sugar, cornstarch, almond extract, brandy and lemon zest, stirring to dissolve completely.
- Add frozen berries and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer gently approximately 20-30 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Let cool then refrigerate.