1/2 Photos of Miss Aimee B's Chocolate Strawberry Pie
Angie in St. Charles's Note:
This is an easy, wonderful tasting pie that has excellent presentation. Everyone raves when I make this pie! Miss Aimee B's is a local tea room that serves delicious desserts and this recipe came from one of their cook books. I am posting the recipe as given to me by a friend. I don't make the crust as it describes. Instead, I purchase a ready made oreo pie crust and then there's no baking involved. And it is much easier that way. But this is a delicious pie!!! Just remember that you must chill the filling in the pie crust for at least 8 hours. Just make it the night before, add strawberries and you're done!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed in refrigerator (very important)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1/2 inch paraffin wax (I skip this also) (optional)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2To make crust: combine cookie crumbs, 3 T sugar and melted butter.
- 3Press onto bottom and sides of a lightly greased 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- 4Bake in oven for 10 minutes, cool.
- 5To make filling: Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler, cool slightly.
- 6Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy with electric mixer.
- 7Add brown sugar and vanilla, mixing well.
- 8Add chocolate to cream cheese mixture, mixing well.
- 9Fold in the cool whip and mix again.
- 10Spoon filling into cooled crust (or ready made chocolate crust) and smooth out top.
- 11Cover tightly and chill at least 8 hours.
- 12To finish the pie, wash strawberries, pat dry, and cut lenghtwise into 1/8 inch slices.
- 13Arrange around the outside edge of pie, make a second row, overlapping.
- 14Continue in this fashion until the entire pie has been covered.
- 15Heat the 1/4 cup chocolate chips with the paraffin (or without paraffin).
- 16Drizzle over the strawberries.
- 17Chill and serve the same day.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miss Aimee B's Chocolate Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.4
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 155.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Oreo cookie crumbs