Recipe by Angie in St. Charles
This is an easy, wonderful tasting pie that has excellent presentation. Everyone raves when I make this pie! Miss Aimee B's is a local tea room that serves delicious desserts and this recipe came from one of their cook books. I am posting the recipe as given to me by a friend. I don't make the crust as it describes. Instead, I purchase a ready made oreo pie crust and then there's no baking involved. And it is much easier that way. But this is a delicious pie!!! Just remember that you must chill the filling in the pie crust for at least 8 hours. Just make it the night before, add strawberries and you're done!
Top Review by revamays
This is an excellent dessert. I have made it several times from the Miss Aimee B's cookbook, and the recipe shown here is identical. I prefer to use an oreo pre-made crust instead of the one in the recipe. I also sometimes substitute almond extract instead of the vanilla, and this is excellent also. I have substituted 1/3 less fat for the cream cheese; always use the lite version of the cool whip, and recently began substituting the splenda brown sugar blend. Excellent taste with all these substitutions for a healthier version of this pie. I have never had a guest yet who did not like this wonderful pie.
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed in refrigerator (very important)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 inch paraffin wax (I skip this also) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- To make crust: combine cookie crumbs, 3 T sugar and melted butter.
- Press onto bottom and sides of a lightly greased 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, cool.
- To make filling: Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler, cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy with electric mixer.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add chocolate to cream cheese mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in the cool whip and mix again.
- Spoon filling into cooled crust (or ready made chocolate crust) and smooth out top.
- Cover tightly and chill at least 8 hours.
- To finish the pie, wash strawberries, pat dry, and cut lenghtwise into 1/8 inch slices.
- Arrange around the outside edge of pie, make a second row, overlapping.
- Continue in this fashion until the entire pie has been covered.
- Heat the 1/4 cup chocolate chips with the paraffin (or without paraffin).
- Drizzle over the strawberries.
- Chill and serve the same day.