Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cooking Light, AUGUST 2003
Make and share this Miso Chicken Piccata recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine 1/4 cup broth and miso, stirring well with a whisk until miso dissolves. Stir in 1/2 cup broth. Set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add wine to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium; stir in miso mixture and garlic.
- Return chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Remove from heat; stir in juice, capers, and pepper. Serve immediately.