Cooking Light, AUGUST 2003
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Combine 1/4 cup broth and miso, stirring well with a whisk until miso dissolves. Stir in 1/2 cup broth. Set aside.
- 2Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 4Remove chicken from pan. Add wine to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium; stir in miso mixture and garlic.
- 5Return chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done. Remove from heat; stir in juice, capers, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 557.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 41.3 g