- Ready In:
- 2 large lemons
- 1 1⁄2 1 1/2 lbs turkey cutlets or 1 1/2 lbs veal cutlets
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons drained small capers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Halve one lemon lengthwise and slice one half crosswise into 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices.
- Juice the remaining 1 1/2 lemons to obtain 1/4 cup juice.
- Salt & pepper each cutlet generously and coat each with flour.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until hot, add 2 tbsp oil, saute half of the cutlets until medium brown (2 minutes per side).
- Transfer cutlets to warm plate.
- Add remaining oil and repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Add shallot or garlic to pan over medium heat -- saute until fragrant (30 seconds).
- Add stock and lemon slices, increase heat to high and deglaze pan; simmer until liquid reduces to about 1/3 cup.
- Add lemon juice and capers and simmer until sauce reduces again to 1/3 cup.
- Remove pan from heat, swirl in butter until it melts and thickens sauce; swirl in parsley.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
The recipe instructions don’t say what I do with the butter. Is it an alternate ingredient for the olive oil? Some recipes call for using both at the same time to brown the meat being used. However the oil and butter call for a different amount for each ingredient. Help. I’ll get this recipe made sooner or later.