This recipe was is an insight into my childhood as a reminder of my first love for baking bread. My grandpa used to make it for me and I loved it so much that I set my mind to mastering the process myself. AWESOME! For this an more awesome Gluten Free Recipes, check out my blog: www.glutenfreegirls.blogspot.com
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package yeast
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat flour
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the liquid ingredients. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients. Beat on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x5 bread pan.
- Grease one side of a piece of plastic wrap and cover the bread with this side down.
- Place in a warm area and let rise for 30-50 minutes or doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Remove plastic wrap and place in oven .Bake for 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 200°F
- After first 10 minutes, cover with foil to keep crust from getting too dark.