Recipe by Adria82
I found this recipe in the February 13, 2009 issue of Parade magazine. Each serving has 400 calories, 5g carbs, 23g protein, 32g fat, 50mg cholesterol. It's perfect with a baked potato.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 minute steaks or 4 sandwich steaks, about 1/3 pound each
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups mesclun salad greens, prewashed
- 1⁄8 lb parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Make the salad dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until thickened. Set aside.
- 2. Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and sprinkle meat with freshly ground black pepper.
- 3. Melt the butter and olive oil together over medium heat in a large skillet. Sear steak for 30 seconds per side (no longer, or it will toughen). Sprinkle with pepper and remove with tongs to a platter.
- 4. Toss the greens lightly with the reserved salad dressing. With tongs, place salad over the steaks to cover completely. With a vegetable peeler, quickly shave Parmesan over the salad in clean strips. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.