1/1 Photo of Minted Glazed Carrots
Found on bunch carrots from Siri Produce Inc. in Oregon. DON'T use those awful "baby carrots" from the grocery store. Whole carrots (small-medium sized) and organic are best. If the carrots are small leave whole but if they are medium-sized cut in half lengthwise. If your carrots are good quality they don't need to be peeled. Recipe adapted slightly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly steam the carrots in a steamer basket. Drain.
- 2Wash out the pot, dry it with a towel then heat the pan on medium heat.
- 3Add the butter and sugar until butter is melted and sugar has dissolved.
- 4Add the carrots to the pan and cook until butter starts to brown, the carrots have a nutty fragrance and are fork tender.
- 5Arrange the carrots on a serving platter.
- 6Season with salt (we liked it with French grey sea salt) and cracked black pepper. Garnish with the mint. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minted Glazed Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.3
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 219.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g