Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low fat side dish, good with roast chicken or fish.
- 453.59 g baby carrots, peeled
- 1419.54 ml water
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- 7.39 ml fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- Put 6 cups of water into a large pan. Boil carrots until tender crisp; about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a small pan, stir cornstarch into apple juice. Over moderate heat, cook, stirring, until sauce consistency.
- Stir in mint and cinnamon.
- Pour sauce over carrots and toss to coat.
Fantstic! I used small carrots... although small they were not baby, as that was what I had on hand but still this recipe was just wonderful! The cinnamon gave a wonderful and spicy flavour and the sweetness of the apple juice was just perfect to compliment the spice and taste of the cinnamon and mint. Wonderful flavours, and such an easy side dish for our meal. Thanks mikekey, will try using baby carrots next time for sure!
Fantastic carrots! I adore these, and made them completely as instructed. (I did not use catnip though :) ) I love the use of the ground cinnamon here, it gave the carrots a very special taste, that was smooth and a bit of sweetness. These are wonderful carrots that were served along with Hamburger patties/gravy/mashed potatoes. Perfection in this little carrot! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Decembre 2009
Great carrots! These were so simple but packed a lot of flavor. Think Mikekey for sharing and congrats again on your Football win.