- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 -6 drops green food coloring
- green colored sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease 2 large cookie sheets, set aside.
- Combine egg whites, cream of tarter, and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat until foamy.
- Add sugar 1 tbls at a time, beating until egg whites are very stiff and glossy and sugar is disolved.
- beat in mint extract and food color.
- Fit a decorater bag with a large star tip.
- spoon meringue into bag.
- Pipe meringue in 1 inch puffs on prepared cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Place cookie sheets on center rack of preheated oven.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately, cool completely on wire racks.