Candy Corn Meringues
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- orange food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 160-180F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Add salt, cream of tartar, and sugar.
- Continue to beat at high speed until stiff and glossy.
- Divide into three bowls.
- Make white, orange (using orange food coloring), and yellow (using food coloring).
- Fill pastry bag with meringue.
- Pipe yellow disc measuring 1 ¼ inches.
- Pipe orange on top, make it slightly smaller than the yellow layer.
- Layer white on top, make it slightly smaller than the orange layer.
- Bake about 3-4 hours until they become dry.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!