1/3 Photos of Mint-Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
1 hr 50 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan stir together the sugar and gelatin.
- 2Stir in evaporated milk.
- 3Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar and gelatin dissolve and mixture almost boils.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5In a small bowl slightly beat the egg white and egg.
- 6Stir about 1/2 cup of the hot gelatin mixture into the egg mixture; return all to saucepan.
- 7Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes more.
- 8Do not boil.
- 9Stir in the skim milk, creme de menthe or mint extract, and vanilla.
- 10Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 11If mixture isn't smooth, strain mixture.
- 12If desired, stir food colouring into mixture.
- 13Stir in chopped chocolate.
- 14Freeze mixture in a 4- or 5-quart ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint-Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.0
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 36.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
evaporated low-fat milk