Recipe by DailyInspiration
Recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. This meat loaf is made in muffin tins and is great with the feta-yogurt sauce (recipe included). Serve with an arugula & cucumber salad on the side.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Wow !!!! Are these ever good. A couple of MINOR adjustments. Used ground sirloin only, and left out the lamb. Omitted the salt, and used minced white onion in place of the red onion. The mint/thyme combination was fantastic, and the mint was very noticable. Made the argula-cucumber salad with this too, with the yogurt/feta, a very nice quick very tast dinner that was also served with recipe#438317#438317. Definately recommended to anyone that would like a nice twist to meatloaf, and a complete dinner. Made for PRMR Tag.
- 10 ounces ground sirloin
- 5 ounces ground lamb, lean
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, grated
- 4 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces feta cheese, reduced-fat (crumbled})
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diagonally sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoons mint, 1 tablespoons thyme, 1/4 teaspoons salt, allspice, and next 3 ingredients (through egg). Press meat mixture into 8 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 7 minutes. Turn broiler to high; broil 3 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, feta, 1 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoons mint, and 1 teaspoons thyme in a mini food processor; pulse 10 times to combine.
- Combine 1 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoons juice, 1/8 teaspoons salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir. Add arugula and cucumber; toss.
- Serve meat loaf with yogurt/feta sauce with arugula/cucumber salad on the side.