I love the simplicity of this dish and the wonderful combo of flavors: tasty burgers, melting Queso Blanco cheese, avocado, tomato, wilted slaw and flavored mayo! It's a Dominican twist on chimichurri mixed into mini burgers as shared by Deidre Pujols, wife of St. Louis Cardinal slugger Albert Pujols, with our local Dierbergs supermarket. This recipe is packed with lively, not too spicy flavors typical of Dominican food. I've posted it exactly as it was published, but you could add a finely shredded carrot to the slaw, minced garlic to the burger mix and mustard to the mayo. I think these would be great with fresh slaw, too.
My Private Note
mini bu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package angel hair coleslaw mix (or 3 cups finely shredded cabbage)
- 1 lb beef ground round
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 dollar rolls, split (mini dinner rolls)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 12 slices tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) round chihuahua queso blanco cheese, sliced (sub Monterey Jack in a pinch)
- 1Heat grill to medium high.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium high heat.
- 3Add cabbage, immediately remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Drain well and set aside.
- 5Crumble beef into a large mixing bowl.
- 6Add egg, cilantro, onion, chili powder, cumin, seasoned salt and lime juice; mix until combined.
- 7Shape mixture into 12 small patties.
- 8Place on grid over medium high heat; cover and grill until internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- 9In a small bowl stir ketchup and mayonnaise until well mixed.
- 10Spread cut sides of rolls with ketchup mixture.
- 11Place hot burgers on bottom half of each roll, top with cheese, avocado, tomato, cabbage and top half of roll.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Dominican Chimichurri Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (2488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.6
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 760.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: