White Cheese Dip - Tex Mex Style (Queso Blanco)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup asadero cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
- chopped jalapeno (optional)
- cilantro leaf (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except garnish of course, in a microwaveable bowl that has been sprayed or brushed with oil.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Continue microwaving at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Note- you can make this with canned poblano rajas or fresh roasted ones if you like.
- ***For a hotter dip use Pepper Jack cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this as posted, and enjoyed the taste but not the texture of the recipe. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the dip to form and hold a "cheese dip" consistency. I'd get it all heated up and stirred together, but it would never totally combine. I used the exact ingredients listed (grated the monterey jack from a block), but this just didn't turn out. Like Tinkmommy, my cheese just sort of clumped up and became a solid again. I could choose cumin flavored half and half, or a chunk of cheese, but not a nice smooth cheese dip. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Proud Zaar original member! Very disappointed with the new site.