Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like eating carrot cake, and it's so much better when there's frosting in every bite.
Make and share this Mini Carrot Cup Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 118.29 ml vegetables or 118.29 ml canola oil
- 28.39 ml fresh orange juice
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 828.06 ml grated carrots
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
For the frosting
- 226.79 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 88.74 ml butter, room temperature
- 709.77 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 14.78 ml vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grate the carrots by hand or with a food processor.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, butter, oil, orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla extract.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Add the carrots to the batter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the chopped walnuts to the batter.
- Line mini cupcake tins with liners, and fill each liner about 2/3 full. Bake for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine cream cheese and butter until smooth. Slowly add the sifted powdered sugar. Once incorporated, add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy!