Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For years, Mimosa Salad is considered as one of the musts on the Russian table when there is a big family event or a New Year celebration. Even though the salad is made with mayonnaise, the taste is very tender and light. You can try with different canned fish in oil. Found on ruscuisine.com. Serving size is a guess since none were given and times do not include boiling the carrots and potatoes.
- For this salad, it is better to use a deep glass bowl.
- Put canned fish on the bottom without any liquid and mash with a fork.
- Spread mayonnaise on it.
- Then top with finely grated egg whites and again mayonnaise.
- After that goes grated boiled carrot, mayonnaise, finely chopped onion, mayonnaise, grated boiled potatoes, mayonnaise.
- The top is decorated with grated yolks.