This salad was served in a wonderful French restaurant in Vancouver and was a big hit with customers. The dressing gives a lovely color and finish to the salad
- Ready In:
- 1 head butter lettuce (or other fancy leaf lettuce)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar, white
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- Arrange Lettuce on a large platter or individual plates.
- Lay the sliced eggs and sliced musrooms decoratively on the lettuce. Sprinkle the parsley throughout the salad.
- In a blender or food processor mix all the ingredients for the dressing blend well.
- Put dressing in a cruet.
- Pour over salad just before serving or let everyone put their own dressing on the salad at the table.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was quite a good salad. I cut the recipe in half and used a gourmet mix of greens. Had arugula and spinach and butter lettuce and other leaves. For the mushrooms I bought Portabello because my friend doesn't like button and the only other choice was Portabello. Slim pickings for mushrooms this week at grocery store. I found it just had a tiny tad too strong taste of vinegar and I would of liked a bit more zip so perhaps a bit more mustard next time or the cayenne. But a real delicious salad and dressing. Great for our lunch with a soup. Thanks for your post Bergy.