Prep 24 hrs
Cook 7 hrs
I adapted this delious moist turkey breast from a recipe called Mimi's Sticky Chicken. She used a whole chicken, and I decided to try it out with a whole bone-in turkey breast. The rub is fantastic, and the turkey turned very moist and delicious. Make sure you make a rich turkey stock with the leftover carcass and skin. The one day prep time includes the overnight marinading.
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 3.69 ml cayenne powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 3175.14 g whole turkey breast, with bone-in, about 7 pounds
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- Rinse turkey breast, inside and out. Drain well. Rub spice mix over skin and inside turkey.
- Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to roast, place turkey SKIN-SIDE DOWN in roaster and fill cavity with chopped onion.
- Roast uncovered at 250 deg.F Roast turkey for approximately 6-7 hours, checking the internal temperature at 6 hours.
- Baste occasionally with pan juices until chicken is golden brown. When turkety breast reaches 165 degrees, remove from oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
- I take the remaining meat off the bone and refrigerate it it an air-tight container.