I adapted this delious moist turkey breast from a recipe called Mimi's Sticky Chicken. She used a whole chicken, and I decided to try it out with a whole bone-in turkey breast. The rub is fantastic, and the turkey turned very moist and delicious. Make sure you make a rich turkey stock with the leftover carcass and skin. The one day prep time includes the overnight marinading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse turkey breast, inside and out. Drain well. Rub spice mix over skin and inside turkey.
- 2Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- 3When ready to roast, place turkey SKIN-SIDE DOWN in roaster and fill cavity with chopped onion.
- 4Roast uncovered at 250 deg.F Roast turkey for approximately 6-7 hours, checking the internal temperature at 6 hours.
- 5Baste occasionally with pan juices until chicken is golden brown. When turkety breast reaches 165 degrees, remove from oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- 6Carve and serve.
- 7I take the remaining meat off the bone and refrigerate it it an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Sticky Turkey Breast
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 171.9 mg
- Sodium 544.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 58.1 g