1/3 Photos of Million Dollar Chicken - Moroccan Style
Just Call Me Martha's Note:
This recipe originally won first prize ($1 Million) in a national cook-off of some sort (I think Pillsbury) several years ago. I can see why - it is a wonderful combination of flavours. The recipe is quite easy to make and is very economical. I have also substituted the chicken thighs for boneless, skinless breasts and it works just fine. The thighs are definitely better though as they are more moist. Do try this - you'll love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- 2Add almonds and cook until golden brown.
- 3Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 4Add garlic and chicken to same skillet that almonds were cooked in.
- 5Saute, turning once, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- 6Mix together salsa, water, currants, honey, cumin and cinnamon.
- 7Add mixture to chicken and stir well.
- 8Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook.
- 9Stir and baste occasionally for 20 minutes.
- 10Add more water if necessary.
- 11Serve over couscous or rice.
- 12Top with chopped almonds.
Browse Our Top Moroccan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Million Dollar Chicken - Moroccan Style
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.1
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 568.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 40.1 g