Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
We finally came up with a salsa recipe we enjoy making almost as much as we enjoy eating it! This is a big hit with our friends and family, and hope you enjoy it too. Alter the quantities to fit your taste.
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 roma tomatoes, diced (determines the chunkiness of salsa)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 vine rip tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together in saucepan.
- Simmer until proper thickness- approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
I loved this recipe- but I did add some bell peppers- for colour more than anything else. But it's darned good.