Mims & Squims's Note:
I'm not sure who Mike is, much less his mom. But my husband had some of these beans at a pot-luck party and the hostess tracked down Mike for the recipe. Now they've become a top request for our family dinners. I've suggested changing the name, but my husband won't hear of it. To him, these will always be Mike's Mom's Baked Beans. If only I could find Mike and get some more of his mom's recipes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2-3/4 lb bacon, browned & chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Cook & chop bacon.
- 3Cook chopped onions & green peppers in leftover grease.
- 4Combine bacon, onions, peppers, beans (drained--except the pork n beans), & all other ingredients; mix well.
- 5Por into large or deep baking dish & bake 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and add cubes of cream cheese to top of mixture.
- 7Bake for another 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mike's Mom's Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 1485.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce