Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm not sure who Mike is, much less his mom. But my husband had some of these beans at a pot-luck party and the hostess tracked down Mike for the recipe. Now they've become a top request for our family dinners. I've suggested changing the name, but my husband won't hear of it. To him, these will always be Mike's Mom's Baked Beans. If only I could find Mike and get some more of his mom's recipes!
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb bacon, browned & chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook & chop bacon.
- Cook chopped onions & green peppers in leftover grease.
- Combine bacon, onions, peppers, beans (drained--except the pork n beans), & all other ingredients; mix well.
- Por into large or deep baking dish & bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add cubes of cream cheese to top of mixture.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.