Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm not sure who Mike is, much less his mom. But my husband had some of these beans at a pot-luck party and the hostess tracked down Mike for the recipe. Now they've become a top request for our family dinners. I've suggested changing the name, but my husband won't hear of it. To him, these will always be Mike's Mom's Baked Beans. If only I could find Mike and get some more of his mom's recipes!
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb bacon, browned & chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook & chop bacon.
- Cook chopped onions & green peppers in leftover grease.
- Combine bacon, onions, peppers, beans (drained--except the pork n beans), & all other ingredients; mix well.
- Por into large or deep baking dish & bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add cubes of cream cheese to top of mixture.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.