Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
There are so many recipes for good bacon dip. This one is especially for the microwave, meaning it's convenient when people just pop in.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced thin
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- crackers or rye bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart microwave safe casserole, arrange bacon, loosely cover with paper towel.
- Microwave at high 6 minutes until crisp; remove bacon and crumble.
- Reserve 2 1/2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to reserved drippings, microwave uncovered 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring once.
- Add soup mix and pepper, and cream cheese, combine thoroughly.
- Decrease heat to med. and microwave uncovered, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Stir in sour cream and bacon.
- Microwave uncovered at medium 3 minutes or until heated through, stir once.
- Garnish with additional mushrooms and bacon.