Recipe source: Great American Recipes.
Make and share this Microwave Sliced Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Place handle of a spoon or table knife alongside the potato to prevent your knife from slicing all the way.
- Place potatoes in a micro-safe dish or pan.
- Sprinkle with melted butter and chopped parsley, chives or sage.
- Microwave on HIGH power for 10 minutes, rearranging the potatoes after 5 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Microwave for another 4 to 6 minutes at HIGH power until cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve potatoes as a side dish or as a main dish with just a salad.
I made this according to the directions, but the potatoes were way overcooked. It was probably just me. I'll definitely try these again, just cook for less time than the recipe calls for.
it tasted great ! i had to decrease cooking time though . thank you anyway *.* greetings from Egypt ol
We really enjoyed these. Not only do they taste wonderful, but they look so fancy too. And yet they are very quick and easy to make. I used dried herbs, using one teaspoon each of italian herbs and parsley. I liked the technique of using a spoon to keep from slicing all the way through the potato - I used a wooden spoon.