Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found this recipe per request from Country Living magazine
Make and share this Microwave Pumpkin Custard recipe from Food.com.
- In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated skim milk, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Microwave, 3 minutes uncovered, on medium (50 perent) In small bowl, beat egg and egg white until blended.
- Slowly stir egg mixture into pumpkin mixture.
- Divide pudding mixture among four 5-oz microwave safe custard cups.
- Microwave on medium (50 percent) 2 to 3 minutes or until puddings are barely firm.
- (Do not overcook; puddings will thicken and firm more upon cooling.).
- Set aside to cool at least 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until cold.
I loved this! I put it in 4 small ramekins and microwaved, though for 2-3 minutes longer then the recipe states. It was the best pumpkin custard I have made by far, and I think I have tried 5 recipes for pumpkin custard! At 3 WW points it is also a really reasonable dessert option for me that contains some important nutrition. Thanks!
Very good! Similar to pumpkin pie. I added 1/8 tsp ground cloves. Instead of using the microwave, I baked the custard for 50 minutes at 350 F. Turned out well. A tasty, healthy, low fat dessert. Thanks for the recipe! UPDATE: I made this again, this time cooking in the microwave. I think I prefer it microwaved after all -- you don't get that sort of hard crust around the edge. However, I did need to cook for much longer than the recipe stated.
These were easy and tasty. However, I did have to cook MUCH longer than stated for them to "barely set" - About 8 minutes overall. They are like mini pumpkin pies!