Recipe by L DJ
Found this recipe per request from Country Living magazine
Top Review by ladypit
I loved this! I put it in 4 small ramekins and microwaved, though for 2-3 minutes longer then the recipe states. It was the best pumpkin custard I have made by far, and I think I have tried 5 recipes for pumpkin custard! At 3 WW points it is also a really reasonable dessert option for me that contains some important nutrition. Thanks!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated skim milk, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Microwave, 3 minutes uncovered, on medium (50 perent) In small bowl, beat egg and egg white until blended.
- Slowly stir egg mixture into pumpkin mixture.
- Divide pudding mixture among four 5-oz microwave safe custard cups.
- Microwave on medium (50 percent) 2 to 3 minutes or until puddings are barely firm.
- (Do not overcook; puddings will thicken and firm more upon cooling.).
- Set aside to cool at least 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until cold.