Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From scratch, yum
- 1 lb beef boneless chuck arm pot roast
- 3⁄4 cup beer, water or 3⁄4 cup tomato juice, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 new potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium carrot, cut lengthwise in half, then into 2 inch pieces
- 1 celery, cut lengthwise in half, then into 3 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, quartered
- Pierce both sides of meat thoroughly with fork.
- Place in 2-quart square casserole.
- Mix half of the beer, the salt and the pepper.
- Pour over meat, cover.
- Microwave at 50% 40 minutes, turning over 2 or 3 times during cooking.
- Arrange vegetables around sides of meat.
- Pour remaining beer over meat and vegetables, cover.
- Microwave at 50% 25 to 35 minutes, or until meat is fork tender.
- Let stand, covered 5 minutes.