Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 325 ml white sugar
- 250 ml oil
- 5 ml vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml all-purpose flour
- 75 ml whole wheat flour
- 2 ml salt
- 7 ml baking soda
- 15 ml cinnamon
- 175 ml coarsely chopped nuts
- 625 ml grated carrots
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 125 g cream cheese
- 45 ml softened butter
- 250 ml powdered fruit sugar or 250 ml icing sugar
- 2 ml cinnamon
- In a large bowl, blend sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In small bowl mix flours, salt, soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir in nuts.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet.
- Fold in carrots.
- Turn into 3 liter microwaveable bundt pan.
- Microwave 10 minutes, rotating dish 1/4 turn every 4 minutes.
- (Note exact cooking time will depend on power of oven. I find more like 11 minutes is required. Top may appear slightly raw but will continue to cook as heat works its way out from the inside of the cake.) Let stand 10 minutes on heat proof surface.
- Loosen sides and centre.
- Invert on serving plate and cool.
- Frost or ice with Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting (icing).
- Frosting: In small bowl, cream butter and cheese.
- Blend in sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy.
- Spread over carrot cake.
I've made this cake like 5 times in the last 2 weeks