Recipe by Daydasa
I love this recipe because it is SO simple and couldn't taste better. It is full of flavor and so moist. I bake this Banana Bread with and without nuts. The trick to a great moist bread is to wrap it with foil while still slightly warm. Thanks to my dearest friend for this wonderful recipe!
Top Review by happypurse
It's so handy to have a recipe that uses self-rising flour. I can get this mixed up and have all the containers back in the pantry before the oven is preheated. The first day, the bread tastes just a tiny bit grainy as though the sugar is not completely absorbed. The second day, it's awesome! I'm surprised that in seven years I'm only the second person to review it. Thank you, daydasa, for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 2 quart loaf pan with waxed paper.
- Mix ingrediants in order given.
- Poor into waxed lined loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 300 degrees.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire wrack for 15 minutes.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Cool until slightly warm.
- Wrap bread with foil.
- Serve when ready.
- I think it's always best the next day.