- 1 cup short grain brown rice (organic if possible)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté rice with olive oil until the grains begin to turn opaque in a large pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Add water, bouillon cube, and butter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and replace lid. Cook for another 10-15 minutes tasting rice for doneness.
- You can cook it longer (up to 50 minutes) but I prefer a slightly chewy, nutty texture.