Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Nutty, savory, comfort rice.
- 1 cup short grain brown rice (organic if possible)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sauté rice with olive oil until the grains begin to turn opaque in a large pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Add water, bouillon cube, and butter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and replace lid. Cook for another 10-15 minutes tasting rice for doneness.
- You can cook it longer (up to 50 minutes) but I prefer a slightly chewy, nutty texture.
Great way to prepare and serve Brown Rice, As a novice in the kitchen I've always shy-d away from brown rice as I felt the preparation was a bit too much, Thanks for the insight.
my family loved this recipe! Brown rice was always so bland. This recipe is just as good (and much healthier) than store seasoned rice.