1/3 Photos of Meyer Lemon-Cranberry Bundt Cake
1 hr 50 mins
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
This make-ahead holiday cake comes with a tangy treat inside. Use sweet Meyer lemons. If you can't find them, try a combination of orange and regular lemon juice. For a festive garnish, dip cranberries in a beaten egg white, toss with sugar and let dry. From the November, 2009 Food Network Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted, plus more for the pan
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries (can use frozen cranberries, thawed)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 4 large eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely grated meyer lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Prepare the cake: Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°. Butter and flour a 10-cup flute Bundt pan.
- 2Cook the cranberries with 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a pot over medium-high heat until juicy and the mixture reduces to 1 1/4 cups, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- 3Whisk the milk, whole eggs and yolks, and vanilla in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 4Whisk the 3 cups flour, the remaining 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, the lemon zest, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the 3 1/4 sticks butter and beat with a mixer on low speed until moistened. Add half of the milk mixture, increase the speed to medium and beat 1 minute. Add the remaining milk mixture in two batches, beating between each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again, about 30 seconds.
- 5Transfer 2/3 of the batter to the pan. Spoon the cranberry mixture in a ring around the middle of the batter (do not let it touch the pan). Top with the remaining cake batter and smooth evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, make the syrup: Dissolve the 1/4 cup granulate sugar in 1/2 cup lemon juice in a saucepan over low heat. Remove the cake from the oven, poke the serface all over with a skewer and pour the syrup on top. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully invert the cake onto a parchment-lined rack to cool completely. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let sit overnight.
- 7When ready to serve, whisk the confectioners' sugar and the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice unil smooth. Spoon over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meyer Lemon-Cranberry Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 865.6
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 183.1 mg
- Sodium 259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 94.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
meyer lemon zest