Recipe by Elvenlove
Instant family favorite. Adapted this recipe from one of our favorite dishes at a local Mexican restaurant. Simple and delicious. Suits everyone as you can spice the dish up or tone it down. Enjoy!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup sliced sliced sliced sliced red green and yellow pepper (fresh or frozen, both work well)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cupped chopped green onion (any sweet or mild onion will do)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 small roma tomatoes, chopped (canned work, I prefer fresh)
- 3 -4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 -6 large flour tortillas
- 4 -6 cups rice
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Chop chicken breasts into bite sized pieces, brown in olive oil til cooked thoroughly.
- Drain excess oil and return chicken to pan. Add cilantro, peppers, beans, tomatoes, and seasonings. Simmer for about 10mins, stirring all ingredients occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spoon ¼ to ½ cup of chicken and bean mix onto the tortilla wrap. Do not overfill your wrap. Add ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese to top of mix. Fold tortilla wrap like an envelope, with the sides last. Place seam side down on lightly greased 13x22x33 casserole dish. Repeat with remaining wraps. Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese over wraps, heat in oven until cheese is lightly melted. Serve with rice,salsa and sour cream.
- Recipe can be spiced up according to cook’s taste. Some like it hot, some like it mild. Recipe can also be scaled down based on amount of people you are serving.
- The fresh cilantro makes a huge difference. Do not substitute dried as it will significantly alter the taste.