Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice salad to throw together for an office lunch, a potluck or even a light supper. Great taste and easy to assemble.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, ground,cooked
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 3⁄4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup baked corn tortilla chips
- Prepare bow tie pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken, bell peppers, and onions until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add, beans, cumin, and chili powder; heat through.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pasta, chicken mixture, tomato sauce, corn, and cheddar cheese.
- In another bowl, combine yogurt and taco sauce.
- Add to salad mixture and toss well.
I made this for potluck, bowl was empty immediately.
Thanks for sharing