Sesame Pasta Chicken Salad
A delicious pasta salad using bow-tie pasta. It is great as a side dish or as a light lunch. As with any pasta dish, the longer you allow it to marinate in the refrigerator the better the flavor will be. The recipe doesn't call for salad to marinate in the refrigerator but I recommend it. (Recipe courtesy of Olivia Hines at AllRecipes)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (I use 1/4 cup but the recipe called for 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper. Shake well.
- Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in chicken, cilantro, and green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful stuff. I followed the recipe, except I increased the chicken amount and cubed it as I was using this for a dinner main dish. I also added some sliced mushrooms. Marinating improves the flavors. I re-heated some leftovers the next day and it was even better! Next time, I think I might try adding some crisp, crumbled bacon.Reply